Ever since Ellen Hutson came out with their S’Whale stamp set, I knew it was eventually going to be part of my stash. I just love the sentiments in it, but it was the whales that immediately caught my attention. Who doesn’t love some adorable whales, right?
For this card, I paired it with the Hero Arts Wave Background stamp. First, I cut my piece of Bristol paper using the Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Layers die. I’ve had the My Favorite Things Rectangle Peek a Boo Window die for forever, but I’ve never used it; so I thought I’d give it a try here. Once that was done, I placed it on my vertical, top folding A2 card base and lightly traced the window. After taping off the area around the penciled window, I white heat embossed that open space using my Hero Arts Waves Background stamp. The coloring was very simple. I used some Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in various blue shades to create my ocean.
For the whale, I stamped it onto a scrap of Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink and colored with a few gray and blue Zig marker shades and my waterbrush. After fussy cutting it out, I started to put my card together.
I adhered the window piece onto my card base with foam tape, and then placed my whale in the window, again using foam tape. There are so many great sentiments in this stamp set, so I had trouble deciding which one to use. I never have enough thank you cards, so I settled on “Thanks a ton”. I white heat embossed it onto a piece of black card stock and placed it just below the window.
Once I had the card put together, I thought that it needed just a little more blue to balance it out a bit. I simply glued a strip of blue card stock to the bottom. I love it when I can use my paper scraps to finish a card.
I have had this stamp set for quite a while now and have hardly used it. Not that I have a ton of stamp sets, but many of them end up in a pile and get forgotten. I came across this set while cleaning a bit, so I decided to put it to some use.
I started by cutting a panel from purple card stock (I know it looks a little blue in the photo, but trust me, it’s purple). I then stamped multiple images with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I die cut the panel using the largest stitched rectangle from Memory Box and put the panel aside.
I clear heat embossed a few of the images onto Bristol paper and colored them with some ZigClean Color Brush Markers. I’m still getting the hang of these markers. I need to practice some more. Since I don’t have the matching dies for this Altenew set, I fussy cut them out. Because the images aren’t that detailed, it was fairly easy. I embossed a strip of velum using a Cuttlebugchecked embossing folder.
Then, it was just a matter of putting it all together. Since the purple panel was significantly smaller than the white card base, I mounted it with a piece of BazzillAlpaca card stock. I decided where I was placing the flowers in order to find the right spot for the velum. I adhered the velum with some glue behind where the flowers were going to go. I glued the flowers in place using some fun foam behind a few to give it dimension. I chose Avery Elle’sSimply Said: You set for the sentiment and silver heat embossed it onto a strip of black card stock. For some additional dimension, I glued the entire panel onto the white card base using fun foam.