I haven’t participated in a card challenge for a very long time, so I thought I would give the latest CAS(E) This Sketch sketch a try.
Here’s what I came up with…
I have been dying to use some of the heat resistant acetate sheets that I just purchased. I wanted to heat emboss my image and back it with an ink blended background, so I pulled out my W Plus 9 Happy Wishes stamp set and got to work.
First, I stamped the flower images and a set of leaves all over a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch Bristol paper using my favorite Distress Oxides, Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron. The flower centers were stamped with Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade. After the inks were dry, I cut my Bristol piece apart leaving a gap of about 1 1/2 inches to make space for my embossed acetate piece.
Using a piece of scrap white card stock, I ink blended from left to right using Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet. While letting that ink dry, I heat embossed the same flower/leaves images onto the acetate. To adhere the acetate to the ink blended piece, I put liquid glue behind the embossed flowers and leaves so that the glue wouldn’t show through.
Once that was all completely dry, it was time to put the card together. I adhered the inked flower panels with foam tape for some dimension. After fiddling with the layout a bit, I realized that the window part of the card needed a little bit of balance. I simply glued some very thin strips of black card stock on the edges. I white heat embossed one of the sentiments from Avery Elle’s Simply Said: You stamp set on a piece of black card stock and cut the left edge at an angle to give it a little bit of interest. Because of the addition of the black pieces, I felt that the card front needed a little more black, so I added the black flower centers all around the colorful flowers. That seemed to balance everything out.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂